Connect with us
Prince Charles Prince Charles

World

UK Prince Charles tested positive for Coronavirus

Published

on

LONDON: Queen Elizabeth II’s son, Prince Charles has been tested positive for coronavirus. His office announced that he is now isolating himself at Balmoral Scotland.

The Prince is only having mild symptoms and is in good health, It is still unknown how he old caught the COVID-19 virus.

After his last public event on March 12, Prince Charles has had many private meetings with individuals. All of them have been informed of the situation

It is still unclear why Prince Charles was informed that he was not infectious earlier. The incubation period of the coronavirus COVID-19 is usually around five days to a maximum of around 12 days. The Prince started showing symptoms last weekend. His wife Camilla, is also isolating herself separately. She has been tested negative for the coronavirus.

Royal Family Succession Tree

Royal Family Succession Tree

The Queen, 93, is in “good health” and is “following all the appropriate advice regarding her welfare,” a spokesperson at Buckingham Palace said on Wednesday.

The tests were executed by the National Health Service in Aberdeenshire.

 

World

Famous Football Player Cristiano Ronaldo Tested Positive for COVID-19

Published

on

Cristiano Ronaldo

Famous football player Cristiano Ronaldo has been tested positive for COVID-19 coronavirus. He will miss Portugal’s Nations League sport against Sweden on Wednesday.

Due to Cristiano been found positive, the remaining players of the Portugal squad also underwent tests this Tuesday morning. But all of the negative and would be available for the upcoming match against Sweden.

We pray for his speedy recovery.

Continue Reading

World

Thousands of people protesting over Kyrgyzstan election result

Published

on

Kyrgyzstan Protest

Thousands of people are protesting in Kyrgyzstan over allegations of vote-buying and intimidation in Sunday’s parliamentary election. The capital Bishkek saw the largest protest while rallies were also held elsewhere in the ex-Soviet republic.

Only four parties out of 16 passed the 7% threshold for entry into parliament, three of which have close ties to President Sooronbai Jeenbekov. International monitors have said the claims of vote-buying are “credible”.

None of the established opposition parties got a seat in parliament. Now all of these parties have declared that they will not recognize the results of the election. Opposition candidates are calling on the Central Electoral Commission in Kyrgyzstan to cancel the results of the vote. One candidate, Ryskeldi Mombekov, told a crowd of more than 5,000 protesters: “The president promised to oversee honest elections. He didn’t keep his word.”

Mr. Mombekov’s party, Ata Meken, had been confident of entering parliament, but in the end, it was one of the eight parties that missed the threshold. Protesters are also calling on President Jeenbekov to resign. Thomas Boserup, head of the Organisation for Security and Cooperation in Europe’s election observation mission, said in a briefing that although the vote had been “generally well organized”, allegations of vote-buying were a “serious concern”.

The two leading parties, which got a quarter of the vote each, were Birimdik and Mekenim Kyrgyzstan. President Jeenbekov’s younger brother, Asylbek Jeenbekov, is in Birimdik.

Mekenim Kyrgyzstan, meanwhile, is seen as being closely connected to the powerful Matraimov family. The family’s figurehead, Rayimbek Matraimov, is believed to have helped finance Mr. Jeenbekov’s successful presidential campaign in 2017.

Continue Reading

World

White House press secretary tests positive for COVID-19

Published

on

Kayleigh McEnany

White House press secretary Kayleigh McEnany has tested positive for COVID-19 coronavirus. She has become the highest-ranking White House official to have contracted the virus after US President Donald Trump and the first lady tested positive.

The coronavirus has so far killed more than 200,000 Americans this year.

“After testing negative consistently, including every day since Thursday, I tested positive for COVID-19 on Monday morning while experiencing no symptoms,” McEnany said in a statement posted on Twitter.

No reporters, producers, or members of the press are listed as close contacts by the White House Medical Unit, she said.

“Moreover, I definitively had no knowledge of Hope Hicks diagnosis prior to holding a White House press briefing on Thursday,” she said, referring to her press meet in the White House while not wearing a mask.

“As an essential worker, I have worked diligently to provide needed information to the American People at this time. With my recent positive test I will begin the quarantine process and will continue working on behalf of the American People remotely,” McEnany said.

A close aide of the president and the first lady, Hicks was the first senior White House official last week to have tested positive. Soon thereafter Trump and his wife Melania tested positive.

To this end, the White House issued a statement to wish its president and all others struggling with the disease a speedy recovery.

Continue Reading

Trending