The Government of India has extended the nationwide lockdown in containment zones The lockdown 5.0 will continue till June 30. While the relaxation for the rest of India will commence in a phased manner from June 8.
On Saturday, The Home Ministry of India issued guidelines for Lockdown 5.0. A containment zone is an area that a number of positive cases. The government has extended lockdown for containment zones to prevent the spreading of coronavirus.
So here is a list of things that you must know if you don’t reside in a containment zone:
- Activities that will be allowed from June 8 as part of Phase 1: Religious places, hotels, restaurants and other hospitality services, Shopping malls will be allowed to open. A detailed operation plan will release soon.
- In phase 2: Schools, colleges, and other educational institutions will open after consultations.
- Commencement of metro, International travel, cinema hall, gyms, and bars will be decided in the third phase.
- Night curfew and other restrictions will stay from 9 p.m. to 5 a.m. across the country. Movements at night will only be permitted to people related to essential services.
- District authorities will have to identify buffer zones, where new coronavirus cases are more likely to occur.
- No, separate permissions will be required for interstate travel, but states can control the movements if necessary.
- States will have the freedom to put restrictions according to the situation at ground level.
But if you live in a containment zone:
- Lockdown will continue till June 30 until the next order arrives.
- Which area becomes containment zones, shall be decided by the district authorities.
- Strict surveillance and contact tracing will be there in these zones.
- Only essential services will be available in the containment zones.
These guidelines will be effective from June 1 and will continue till June 30. The COVID-19 coronavirus has claimed around 5,000 lives in India and around 3,67,000 lives in the world so far.
Instagram Down: Giving 5xx Server Error
Update 19 Mar 2021 23:38 IST: Instagram and other apps are now working fine.
Instagram is currently facing downtime and users from all around the world are reporting Instagram Server Down on Twitter. Some users are also facing downtime on WhatsApp and Facebook Messenger.
The Instagram app is showing “couldn’t refresh feed”. and the Instagram website is giving 5xx Server Error.
Earthquake in Nalanda, Patna – Bihar with 3.5 Magnitude
An earthquake of magnitude 3.5 was reported near Nalanda in Bihar on Monday night, according to India’s National Center for Seismology.
The epicenter of the earthquake was 20 km northwest (NW) of Nalanda, Bihar, India, the agency said. The earthquake struck at 9:23 PM IST at a depth of 5 km from the surface. Tremors were also felt in Gaya, Bhagalpur, Nalanda, Patna.
Uttarakhand Power Plant Damaged After The Glacier Burst
Uttarakhand: A glacial burst in Chamoli district, Uttarakhand triggered an avalanche and massive flooding of the Alaknanda and Dhauliganga rivers on Sunday morning, forcing the emergency evacuation of thousands from surrounding areas, and damaging houses and the nearby Rishiganga power project.
Disaster response and management teams have been deployed to conduct search-and-rescue and relief operations. Around 100 to 150 people may have been killed, Uttarakhand Chief Secretary Om Prakash told news agency ANI. Authorities fear hundreds more may still be stuck. Prime Minister Narendra Modi, who is in Assam to campaign for Assembly polls, tweeted: “India stands with Uttarakhand and the nation prays for everyone’s safety.”
Disaster management teams have been mobilized and hundreds of ITBP (Indo-Tibetan Border Police) have been rushed for rescue operations.
SN Pradhan, chief of the National Disaster Response Force (NDRF), said that teams from the relief force have been moved for search-and-rescue and relief operations in Uttarakhand where a glacial burst has triggered an avalanche. “The glacial burst has taken out a bridge constructed by the Border Road Organisation. Also in the higher reaches, the Rishiganga hydel project also has been damaged,” he said.