Connect with us
CAA Delhi Protests CAA Delhi Protests

Latest News

IB officer killed in mob attack in Delhi CAA violence

Published

on

NEW DELHI: An Intelligence Bureau (IB) officer was killed in Northeast Delhi on Tuesday, during the national capital’s worst violence for CAA in the last two decades. The incident came to light on Wednesday when the body of 26-year-old Ankit Sharma was pulled out of a drain in Chand Bagh.

IB officer Ankit Sharma

IB officer Ankit Sharma

Ankit worked as a security assistant in the IB, said his brother Ankur. He returned from work at 4:30 pm on Tuesday and went out to see what was happening in the area when he was caught by those who were protesting against the Citizenship (Amendment) Act or CAA.

He was stabbed and dumped in the drain, said Ankur, adding that the protesters caught his friends too who went to save Ankit. The protesters kept firing relentlessly and did not let anyone come near Ankit, said his brother.

His father Devendra Sharma is an Assistant Sub-Inspector with Delhi Police.

 

Sharma is the latest casualty in the violence which has so far claimed 20 lives and left more than 250 injured. The protest started on the weekend but escalated on Monday. The groups protesting for and against the CAA went on a rampage on the streets of Jafrabad, Maujpur, Chand Bagh and other localities; they attacked the locals and pelted stones at policemen stationed there. Some vehicles and houses were also torched.

Advertisement
Click to comment

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *

Latest News

Italy PM announces lockdown extension till April 13

Published

on

Coronavirus

Italy: Italian PM Giuseppe Conte announced the extension of nationwide lockdown till 13 April due to the coronavirus pandemic.

The announcement has been made just two days before the current lockdown that started on March 10, was due to an end. Italy currently has the highest number of COVID-19 deaths in the world at 13,155, while the overall confirmed cases stood at 110,572.

Giuseppe Conte - PM of Italy

Giuseppe Conte – PM of Italy

“We have surpassed 13,000 deaths, and this is a wound that pains us especially — it is a wound that will never heal,” said Conte.

“So we are not in a condition to relax our restrictive measures yet… and this is why I just signed a new decree that extends the current measures to April 13,” he further added.

The COVID-19 coronavirus pandemic has infected 905,295 people worldwide and the death toll has increased to 45,441 on Thursday even as the head of the UN has declared this crisis as humanity’s worst since World War II.

Continue Reading

Latest News

SpiceJet ready to fly migrant workers to Bihar during Coronavirus lockdown

Published

on

SpiceJet ready to fly migrant workers to Patna

NEW DELHI: SpiceJet has offered the operation of some of its flights to the government for the 21-day lockdown.

SpiceJet chairman and MD said the airline is ready to fly some aircraft from Delhi and Mumbai to Patna to relieve the suffering of migrant laborers or workers, especially those from Bihar during the lockdown due to Coronavirus.

“We have offered our aircraft and crew for any humanitarian mission that the government needs us to fly. We are already flying food, medicines and medical equipment for the government every day (on our freighter aircraft),” Singh told PTI.

“We would like to alleviate the suffering of the migrant workers, especially those from Bihar, by flying some flights between Delhi/Mumbai and Patna,” he added.

Indigo, GoAir and SpiceJet

Indigo, GoAir, and SpiceJet

Domestic and international passenger flights are still banned till April 14 midnight.

IndiGo and GoAir have also offered their aircraft and crew and staff members to the government for any humanitarian use.

Continue Reading

Latest News

Bihar records two new 2 coronavirus cases Total number reaches 9

Published

on

Corona

PATNA: Two fresh cases of COVID-19 coronavirus have been reported in Bihar. This took the total number of positive cases COVID-19 has mounted to nine.

“Two more coronavirus positive cases found in Bihar – one from Siwan with travel history to Dubai and another from Nalanda with no travel history to any foreign country,” said RMRI official.

Bihar records two 2 coronavirus cases Total number reaches 9

Bihar records two 2 coronavirus cases Total number reaches 9

The Director of Rajendra Memorial Research Institute, Pradip Das said, test reports of 2 staff members of a private hospital, where a COVID-19 patient was admitted last week before being transferred to AIIMS Patna where he died, have been positive.

Another patient hailing from Siwan who was admitted to the Nalanda Medical College Hospital (NMCH) has been tested positive. Sources from the department of health said that the patient had recently visited Dubai and returned to Siwan last week.

Continue Reading

Trending