Connect with us
Air India Air India

Latest News

Government will charge Rs 1 Lakh to evacuate Indians abroad

Published

on

Union civil aviation minister Hardeep Puri said on Tuesday that approximately 15,000 Indians are awaited to be flown back to India in 64 different flights. The government’s mammoth exercise will evacuate Indians stranded abroad due to COVID-19 coronavirus in the first week.

“The passengers will be charged for the flights, as it is a commercial service being carried out under special circumstances”, said Mr. Puri.

As some of the one-way fares range from Rs 15,000 to Rs 16,000 from countries like Dubai, Abu Dhabi, and Doha to Kochi and Kerala.

While flights from the United Kingdom to India will cost around Rs 50,000, whereas flights from the United States to India will cost Rs 1,00,000.

“If there were no charge, people wanting to come back would be much higher”, he further added.

According to the plan, the first phase of the evacuation shall commence from May 7 to May 13. It will evacuate stranded Indians from 12 countries that are UAE, Saudi Arabia, Qatar, Bahrain, Kuwait, Oman, Bangladesh, Philippines, Singapore, Malaysia, United Kingdom, and the United States.

The government will evacuate around 2,100 citizens from the US and 2,000 from the UAE in the first week of mammoth exercise.

After arriving in India, all the passengers will be screened and placed under a 14 day quarantine period.

According to reports, only Air India flights will operate for the evacuation. These flights will include 40 from the national carrier and 24 from its subsidiary Air India express.

Advertisement

Advertisement

Advertisement
Click to comment

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *

Social Media

Rajesh Bethireddy is the latest popular name in the fashion circle from telugu states

Published

on

Rajesh Bethireddy

 

Fashion and trends have always been common points of discussion, however last decade can can be dedicated to men’s fashion as they have been able to shift the focus majorly which was only their on women’s fashion and trends. And this shift can be attributed to men’s fashion models and influencers. Although there are many young men out there who are either professional model or influencer but rarely are both. Meet Rajesh Bethireddy, 26, who is a model and fashion influencer. Rajesh Bethireddy is extremely occupied carrying both the professions with equal dedication.

Hyderabad based Rajesh Bethireddy is a software engineer by profession but he is also a successful model and fashion influencer. So far, Rajesh Bethireddy has worked with some brands and looking to act in TVCs for men’s lifestyle and fitness brands.

Rajesh Bethireddy turned fashion influencer in no time; right after he began his Instagram journey. Today, he enjoys more than 14,000 followers on his Instagram page, who hang on to his posts that dole out fashion advice. Besides, he also uses his Instagram account for popular brand collaborations like kolon natural,blendjet etc

Within 6 months of diversifying thus, Rajesh Bethireddy is already a darling in the Telugu states fashion circle. He believes that a ‘well-planned entry and a smart work’ are the two stepping stones to establish yourself into a cut-throat competitive business like this.
As for remuneration, apart from the monetary and exciting returns, Rajesh Bethireddy understands that “every moment is exciting when you turn your passion into profession.”

Well we wish him all the best for his future endorsements.

Continue Reading

World

Famous Football Player Cristiano Ronaldo Tested Positive for COVID-19

Published

on

Cristiano Ronaldo

Famous football player Cristiano Ronaldo has been tested positive for COVID-19 coronavirus. He will miss Portugal’s Nations League sport against Sweden on Wednesday.

Due to Cristiano been found positive, the remaining players of the Portugal squad also underwent tests this Tuesday morning. But all of the negative and would be available for the upcoming match against Sweden.

We pray for his speedy recovery.

Continue Reading

World

Thousands of people protesting over Kyrgyzstan election result

Published

on

Kyrgyzstan Protest

Thousands of people are protesting in Kyrgyzstan over allegations of vote-buying and intimidation in Sunday’s parliamentary election. The capital Bishkek saw the largest protest while rallies were also held elsewhere in the ex-Soviet republic.

Only four parties out of 16 passed the 7% threshold for entry into parliament, three of which have close ties to President Sooronbai Jeenbekov. International monitors have said the claims of vote-buying are “credible”.

None of the established opposition parties got a seat in parliament. Now all of these parties have declared that they will not recognize the results of the election. Opposition candidates are calling on the Central Electoral Commission in Kyrgyzstan to cancel the results of the vote. One candidate, Ryskeldi Mombekov, told a crowd of more than 5,000 protesters: “The president promised to oversee honest elections. He didn’t keep his word.”

Mr. Mombekov’s party, Ata Meken, had been confident of entering parliament, but in the end, it was one of the eight parties that missed the threshold. Protesters are also calling on President Jeenbekov to resign. Thomas Boserup, head of the Organisation for Security and Cooperation in Europe’s election observation mission, said in a briefing that although the vote had been “generally well organized”, allegations of vote-buying were a “serious concern”.

The two leading parties, which got a quarter of the vote each, were Birimdik and Mekenim Kyrgyzstan. President Jeenbekov’s younger brother, Asylbek Jeenbekov, is in Birimdik.

Mekenim Kyrgyzstan, meanwhile, is seen as being closely connected to the powerful Matraimov family. The family’s figurehead, Rayimbek Matraimov, is believed to have helped finance Mr. Jeenbekov’s successful presidential campaign in 2017.

Continue Reading

Trending