Connect with us
China US China US

World

China Accuses US of Involving in Border Dispute With India

Published

on

Amid the ongoing border standoff between India and China, Beijing on Thursday accused the US of meddling in the bilateral dispute and warned that it will endanger regional peace and stability.

China and US

China and the US

Opposing third party involvement, Beijing said, “China and India have the ability to resolve their border disputes bilaterally. We don’t accept countries outside the region pointing fingers, let alone meddling or making instigation, which will only endanger the regional peace and stability.”

China claimed that it advocates finding a fair, reasonable, and mutually acceptable solution through peaceful and friendly consultations. “For a period of time, the two sides have been in touch and in talks at various levels to seek a peaceful settlement of the boundary issue,” it said.

The Chinese side further took on the US, saying, “It is regrettable that, out of the zero-sum Cold War mentality, some senior US officials ignored the basic facts, violated the norms of international relations and basic principles of diplomacy, picked up fights virtually on every front and exploited every opportunity they can to slander and smear China, instigated other countries’relations with China.”

Reiterating it’s an earlier claim, China said it has never provoked a war or conflict over the past 70 years since the founding of the People’s Republic of China in 1949. “China has always insisted on resolving territorial and maritime disputes with neighboring countries through consultations and negotiations on the basis of respecting historical facts, to maintain regional peace and stability.”

Aman currently works as a blogger and also as a travel and lifestyle Vlogger. He is always interested in new challenges.

Advertisement
1 Comment

1 Comment

  1. Pingback: China Has No Intention to Fight a Hot or Cold War: Xi Jinping

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *

World

Famous Football Player Cristiano Ronaldo Tested Positive for COVID-19

Published

on

Cristiano Ronaldo

Famous football player Cristiano Ronaldo has been tested positive for COVID-19 coronavirus. He will miss Portugal’s Nations League sport against Sweden on Wednesday.

Due to Cristiano been found positive, the remaining players of the Portugal squad also underwent tests this Tuesday morning. But all of the negative and would be available for the upcoming match against Sweden.

We pray for his speedy recovery.

Continue Reading

World

Thousands of people protesting over Kyrgyzstan election result

Published

on

Kyrgyzstan Protest

Thousands of people are protesting in Kyrgyzstan over allegations of vote-buying and intimidation in Sunday’s parliamentary election. The capital Bishkek saw the largest protest while rallies were also held elsewhere in the ex-Soviet republic.

Only four parties out of 16 passed the 7% threshold for entry into parliament, three of which have close ties to President Sooronbai Jeenbekov. International monitors have said the claims of vote-buying are “credible”.

None of the established opposition parties got a seat in parliament. Now all of these parties have declared that they will not recognize the results of the election. Opposition candidates are calling on the Central Electoral Commission in Kyrgyzstan to cancel the results of the vote. One candidate, Ryskeldi Mombekov, told a crowd of more than 5,000 protesters: “The president promised to oversee honest elections. He didn’t keep his word.”

Mr. Mombekov’s party, Ata Meken, had been confident of entering parliament, but in the end, it was one of the eight parties that missed the threshold. Protesters are also calling on President Jeenbekov to resign. Thomas Boserup, head of the Organisation for Security and Cooperation in Europe’s election observation mission, said in a briefing that although the vote had been “generally well organized”, allegations of vote-buying were a “serious concern”.

The two leading parties, which got a quarter of the vote each, were Birimdik and Mekenim Kyrgyzstan. President Jeenbekov’s younger brother, Asylbek Jeenbekov, is in Birimdik.

Mekenim Kyrgyzstan, meanwhile, is seen as being closely connected to the powerful Matraimov family. The family’s figurehead, Rayimbek Matraimov, is believed to have helped finance Mr. Jeenbekov’s successful presidential campaign in 2017.

Continue Reading

World

White House press secretary tests positive for COVID-19

Published

on

Kayleigh McEnany

White House press secretary Kayleigh McEnany has tested positive for COVID-19 coronavirus. She has become the highest-ranking White House official to have contracted the virus after US President Donald Trump and the first lady tested positive.

The coronavirus has so far killed more than 200,000 Americans this year.

“After testing negative consistently, including every day since Thursday, I tested positive for COVID-19 on Monday morning while experiencing no symptoms,” McEnany said in a statement posted on Twitter.

No reporters, producers, or members of the press are listed as close contacts by the White House Medical Unit, she said.

“Moreover, I definitively had no knowledge of Hope Hicks diagnosis prior to holding a White House press briefing on Thursday,” she said, referring to her press meet in the White House while not wearing a mask.

“As an essential worker, I have worked diligently to provide needed information to the American People at this time. With my recent positive test I will begin the quarantine process and will continue working on behalf of the American People remotely,” McEnany said.

A close aide of the president and the first lady, Hicks was the first senior White House official last week to have tested positive. Soon thereafter Trump and his wife Melania tested positive.

To this end, the White House issued a statement to wish its president and all others struggling with the disease a speedy recovery.

Continue Reading

Trending